WHAT WE DO
The Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission is a regulatory agency for the manufactured housing industry.
Our duties include:
- Ensuring compliance with the Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards, as well as general installation and anchoring specifications.
- Licensing of all manufactured home retailers, manufacturers, installers, and salespeople doing business in the state of Arkansas.
- Consumer complaint handling and onsite inspections dealing with the construction, installation, and anchoring of manufactured homes.
- Conducting relevant training and education seminars for manufactured housing professionals and licensees.
- Inspecting new manufactured home installations in accordance with our installation decal program.
Today's manufactured home:
A manufactured home is a residential dwelling built in an off-site production facility, which is then transported to the customer’s site and installed with a minimum of on-site construction. Both single and multi-section manufactured homes are delivered virtually complete and ready for occupancy after being secured to a foundation system. Manufactured homes are built in accordance with exacting Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards, and are transported and installed under state and local laws and regulations.